With less than 3 weeks to go to the EQE 2013, make sure you know the format of the exam, where it is, what time it starts, and the rules during the exam
1) Be prepared for the new formats:
Pre-Exam - 25 February 2013
No changes in format. The exam will look the same as last year and the same as the mocks of March & September 2011
D paper - 26 February 2013
- no longer a 3 hour DI, official break, then a 4 hour DII
- it will be a single 5 hour paper, with smaller DI and DII parts, and no official break
- you have to decide how to divide your time between the DI and DII parts. To do it all, you will probably need about 2 hours for DI and 3 hours for DII.
- you have to decide when to take a break, so bring food with you
A paper - 27 February 2013
No changes in format
B paper - 27 February 2013
- no longer a 4 hour paper
- it will be a 3 hour paper
- you will be given a proposal from the client for patentable claims. You have to check them instead of drafting them, which will save you time.
C paper - 28 February 2013
- no longer a 6 hour paper
- it will be 5 hour paper
- you will have fewer (possibly none) legal questions to deal with, which will save you time
More details here: Notice from Exam. Board and Tutors Report on page 106
2) Look at complaints from last years candidates about your exam location in the Candidate Survey page 20-28.
For example, if it can be cold, make sure you have enough clothes with you.
3) Look at the Instructions to candidates concerning the conduct of the EQE (page 41-46) for the rules on pens, watches etc