Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Monday, November 27, 2017
Unfortunately, the printed version of the National Law book is no longer available. The last version from Oct 2017 (355 pages) can be found here and can be printed on A4 paper yourself. But, not everyone likes the horizontal tables, and the small font makes it difficult to read if printed on A5 paper.
I have produced an up-to-date printable version - downloadable from my patent firm's website - using the latest information from the EPO website which has a bigger font. Tables I and VIII are irrelevant for the EQE, so leaving them out saves 150 pages. I have added an index, and also included the validation information published in the OJEPO for Morocco & Moldova.
My book is 456 pages - unfortunately, it is difficult to further reduce the length due to the way that the EPO website generates the printable pages. Unfortunately, it is difficult to further reduce the length due to the way the EPO website generates printable pages. So either you use this, or print the official one (355 pages) on A4 paper. Feel free to pass on the link to anyone who needs it. To save paper when printing, it should be printed with 2 pages on each side of an A4.
As I have included information on the validation states, I have titled the book "National Law and Validation Agreements".
- Tables I and VIII are irrelevant for the EQE, so leaving them out saves 150 pages.
- I have added an index with some reminders about what is in each table
- I have added some legal basis
- I have included the validation information published in the OJEPO for Morocco & Moldova which has not yet been added to the on-line version of the tables.
However, it is 1950 pages and much of it will never be required at the exam.
I have produced this abbreviated & improved version to lighten the load and to save a few trees. Using the EQE Regulations, past D papers and comments from the D Examination Committee, I have limited it to adequately cover what you should actually need. In addition, I have added several useful overviews from the WIPO & EPO websites which can speed up answering questions during the exam.
My book is 850 pages and free of charge - it can be downloaded in three parts from my patent firm's website. Feel free to pass on the links to anyone who needs them. To save paper when printing, it should be printed with 2 pages on each side of an A4.
Update: for those who cannot easily print out several hundred pages, you can also order a copy on double-sided thin A5 paper. See the links on my patent firm's website. Each part is listed as a separate book, so they must be ordered separately.
Changes compared to last year’s version:
- Following Decision of the EQE Supervisory Board (29 Sep 17), cut-off date for legal changes is 31 Oct instead of 31 Dec
- Limited I–11. Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Pilots to only EPO, JP & US
- Added I–11. OJ 2016, A106 explaining PPH procedure with CN, EPO, JP, KR & US
- Added note that I-12. PCT Fees contains overview of competent ISA’s for each RO
- Added II-1. Overview of competent ISA’s for all RO’s (from PCT Fee table)
- Added notes in II-7 that 22m (not 19m) time limit to request SIS (from 1 July 2017)