official copies of the paper.
My impressions were that it was a reasonable D paper - they are never easy, but I think that there were a lot of parts that were do-able and they asked frequent EQE subjects.
Most of the DI questions were open, so you needed to make strict choices about what to do - otherwise you ran out of time. The DII was more manageable than last year, and anyone who is Dutch or has lived in The Netherlands for more than a year will have immediately understood the product produced by the invention.😋. DII had less exploitation to be discussed.
Click below for some more details and spoilers about the subjects you had to deal with
Some of the subjects to be dealt with:
- quite a lot to do with opposition and appeal (if you did not know this so well, you would have had more difficulty)
- provisional protection
- intervention (frequent D paper subject)
- A84 as ground of opposition
- EPC filing date (frequent D paper subject)
- taking over representation (very practical subject)
- remedy after failing to fle an appeal (frequent D paper subject)
- amendments after approving R.71(3) (very practical subject - in Guidelines)
- patentability of ranges (frequent A, B & C subject)
- appeal after patent maintained in amended form after opposition
- PCT applications as A.54(3) against EP applications (frequent D subject)