My version is printed on 50g A5 paper - a convenient format as a desktop reference, to take to oral proceedings, or to take to the EQE.
Update (17/1/19): the thin paper is noe available for new orders.
On paper, the Guidelines have never been easy to use. This version improves on the official version by:
- providing a single Detailed Table of Contents at the front (instead of per part), to quickly scan the paragraphs
- using page numbers
- indicating sections with a major amendment in the last 3 years
Legal citations & references are underlined, making them easier to spot.
It includes (no page numbers) the official Computer-Implemented Inventions (CII) Index, Alphabetical Keyword Index & List of Sections Amended.
EQE 2020 Candidates:
- This version (1 Nov 2018 = in force on 31 Oct 2019) is the official version for EQE 2020
EQE 2019 Candidates:
- The previous version (1 Nov 2017 = in force on 31 Oct 2018) is the official version for EQE 2019.
- However, the changes in the 1 Nov 2018 version are based on Case Law, OJ EPO notices and practice changes which were known in early 2018.
- The Examination Committees will therefore accept answers based on the 1 Nov 2017 or 1 Nov 2018 version. Note the version used once in your paper if you use the 1 Nov 2018 version.
- For Pre-Exam 2019 candidates, it is recommended to use the 1 Nov 2018 version as it will also be valid for the Main Exam in 2020, so you do not need to transfer any mark-up.