Monday, November 27, 2017

My printable National Law Book for EQE2018

For the exam, it is important to have up-to-date details from the tables, particularly if there is a DI question on the translation requirements after grant, for example.

Unfortunately, the printed version of the National Law book is no longer available. The last version from Oct 2017 (355 pages) can be found here and can be printed on A4 paper yourself. But, not everyone likes the horizontal tables, and the small font makes it difficult to read if printed on A5 paper.

I have produced an up-to-date printable version - downloadable from my patent firm's website - using the latest information from the EPO website which has a bigger font. Tables I and VIII are irrelevant for the EQE, so leaving them out saves 150 pages. I have added an index, and also included the validation information published in the OJEPO for Morocco & Moldova.

My book is 456 pages - unfortunately, it is difficult to further reduce the length due to the way that the EPO website generates the printable pages. Unfortunately, it is difficult to further reduce the length due to the way the EPO website generates printable pages. So either you use this, or print the official one (355 pages) on A4 paper. Feel free to pass on the link to anyone who needs it. To save paper when printing, it should be printed with 2 pages on each side of an A4.

As I have included information on the validation states, I have titled the book "National Law and Validation Agreements".
  • Tables I and VIII are irrelevant for the EQE, so leaving them out saves 150 pages. 
  • I have added an index with some reminders about what is in each table
  • I have added some legal basis
  • I have included the validation information published in the OJEPO for Morocco & Moldova which has not yet been added to the on-line version of the tables.

Update: for those who cannot easily print out several hundred pages, you can also order a copy on double-sided thin A5 paper. See the links on my patent firm's website.

As this is the first time I have made this, please let me know if something is missing, or if it could be improved.

Most of the contents are sourced from EPO websites and Official Journal, and no copyright is claimed for these parts. This book is provided for study and exam purposes only.

Good luck at the EQE,
Pete Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment