Monday, November 27, 2017

My FREE printable PCT Applicants Guide for EQE2018

Every year, the WIPO produces an official printable version of the complete Applicants Guide, including all annexes, specifically for the Pre- and Main Exams. The current version can be found here.

However, it is 1950 pages and much of it will never be required at the exam.

I have produced this abbreviated & improved version to lighten the load and to save a few trees. Using the EQE Regulations, past D papers and comments from the D Examination Committee, I have limited it to adequately cover what you should actually need. In addition, I have added several useful overviews from the WIPO & EPO websites which can speed up answering questions during the exam.

My book is 850 pages and free of charge - it can be downloaded in three parts from my patent firm's website. Feel free to pass on the links to anyone who needs them. To save paper when printing, it should be printed with 2 pages on each side of an A4.

Update: for those who cannot easily print out several hundred pages, you can also order a copy on double-sided thin A5 paper. See the links on my patent firm's website. Each part is listed as a separate book, so they must be ordered separately.

Changes compared to last year’s version:
  • Following Decision of the EQE Supervisory Board (29 Sep 17), cut-off date for legal changes is 31 Oct instead of 31 Dec 
  • Limited I–11. Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Pilots to only EPO, JP & US 
  • Added I–11. OJ 2016, A106 explaining PPH procedure with CN, EPO, JP, KR & US 
  • Added note that I-12. PCT Fees contains overview of competent ISA’s for each RO 
  • Added II-1. Overview of competent ISA’s for all RO’s (from PCT Fee table) 
  • Added notes in II-7 that 22m (not 19m) time limit to request SIS (from 1 July 2017) 
Good luck at the EQE,
Pete Pollard

8 comments:

  1. Dear Pete Pollard,
    Thank you very much for making this condensed version of the PCT Applicant's guide available! I have been using last year's version during preparation and it is extremely helpful!

    However, I am having trouble downloading the latest version. The links in your website are pointing to an error page. Do you have another link that I could follow for the download?

    Thank you very much in advance,
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't reproduce the error, but someone ellse had the same issue. I have added links to Google Drive versions - they are bigger files because they are PDF/A-2B compliant (all fonts embedded).

    Let me know if there are still problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can now download Part I and Part II, but not Part III.
      The link to the Google Drive version of Part III seems to point to Part II instead.

      Thank you again for your help!
      Fred

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - I have fixed it. It definitely works now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works perfectly now!
    Thank you very much again for your trouble and for your very helpful study material!

    Kind regards,
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  6. This information is very useful. thank you for sharing. and I will also share information about health through the website

    Obat Koreng Bernanah Alami
    Obat Telinga Berkerak dan Berair

    ReplyDelete