However, it is 1950 pages and much of it will never be required at the exam.
I have produced this abbreviated & improved version to lighten the load and to save a few trees. Using the EQE Regulations, past D papers and comments from the D Examination Committee, I have limited it to adequately cover what you should actually need. In addition, I have added several useful overviews from the WIPO & EPO websites which can speed up answering questions during the exam.
My book is 850 pages and free of charge - it can be downloaded in three parts from my patent firm's website. Feel free to pass on the links to anyone who needs them. To save paper when printing, it should be printed with 2 pages on each side of an A4.
Update: for those who cannot easily print out several hundred pages, you can also order a copy on double-sided thin A5 paper. See the links on my patent firm's website. Each part is listed as a separate book, so they must be ordered separately.
Changes compared to last year’s version:
- Following Decision of the EQE Supervisory Board (29 Sep 17), cut-off date for legal changes is 31 Oct instead of 31 Dec
- Limited I–11. Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Pilots to only EPO, JP & US
- Added I–11. OJ 2016, A106 explaining PPH procedure with CN, EPO, JP, KR & US
- Added note that I-12. PCT Fees contains overview of competent ISA’s for each RO
- Added II-1. Overview of competent ISA’s for all RO’s (from PCT Fee table)
- Added notes in II-7 that 22m (not 19m) time limit to request SIS (from 1 July 2017)